MathNat | Urdu Resources | Punjabi Resources
Muhammad Humayoun محمد ہمایوں
This is a personal page of Muhammad Humayoun. I am a PhD student at Laboratoire de Mathematiques, Universite de Savoie, France since February 2007, under the kind supervision of Christophe Raffalli and Aarne Ranta. I am a member of LIMD (Logique Informatique et Maths Discrètes) and Language Technology Group groups.
My research interests resolves around the following fields:
I am looking for a post-doc position. Please have a look on my CV and Research Statement.
- Natural Language Technology and Computational Linguistics
- Computational Morphology, Syntax and Semantics
- Machine Translation and Automatic Lexicon Extraction
- Computational resources for South Asian languages (Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, etc)
- PhD work: MathNat (Mathematical texts in Controlled Natural language) Homepage
- Punjabi Morphology, Corpus and Lexicon Homepage
- Urdu Morphology, Orthography and Lexicon Extraction Homepage
- Shafqat M. Virk, M. Humayoun, A. Ranta. An Open Source Punjabi Resource Grammar. RANLP 2011 (Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing). to appear.
- M. Humayoun and C. Raffalli. MathAbs: A Representational Language for Mathematics. 8th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology.
FIT'10, December 21-23, 2010, Islamabad, Pakistan. ACM 978-1-4503-0342-2/10/12. draft
- M. Humayoun, A. Ranta. Developing Punjabi Morphology, Corpus and Lexicon.
In R. Otoguro, K. Ishikawa, H. Umemoto, K. Yoshimoto, and Y. Harada, editors, Proceedings of the 24th Pacific Asia Conference on Language, Information and Computation, pages 163–172. (PACLIC24). Tohoku University, Japan, November 2010. ISBN 978–4–905166–00–9. draft, presentation.
- Shafqat M. Virk, M. Humayoun, A. Ranta. An Open Source Urdu Resource Grammar. Proceedings of the 8th Workshop on Asian Language Resources. In conjunction with Coling 2010. draft, presentation
- M. Humayoun and C. Raffalli. MathNat - Mathematical Text in a Controlled Natural Language. Special issue: Natural Language Processing and its Applications. Journal on Research in Computing Science. Volume 46. ISSN:1870-4069. 2010. CICLing 2010. draft
- M. Humayoun, H. Hammarström, and A. Ranta. Urdu Morphology, Orthography and Lexicon Extraction. In Ali Farghaly and Karine Megerdoomian (eds.), Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Computational Approaches to Arabic Script-based Languages, pp. 59-68. 2007, LSA 2007 Linguistic Institute, Stanford University. California. (Design decision of version 1.2 are based on this paper) draft, presentation
- M. Humayoun, H. Hammarström, and A. Ranta. Implementing Urdu Grammar as Open Source Software - extended abstract. For the tutorial given at Conference on Language and Technology, August 07-11, 2007, University of Peshawar, Pakistan. draft, presentation
Talks, Posters, Demos, Thesis
- Talk given by C. Raffalli at MKM 2010, Paris, France. 08-09 July 2010.
- Talk given at Premières journées du projet SEmba, Annecy, France. 22-23 October 2009.
- Demo shown at Types 2009, 12–15 May, Aussois, France. slides
- Talk given at Types conference. 26-29 March 2008, Torino, Italy
- Poster displayed at Journées scientifiques du cluster ISLE Rhône-Alpes, 6-7 february 2008, Domaine universitaire, Grenoble, France
- Talk given at les journées d´EmSoC-recherche, 18-19 October 2007, Aussois, France
- M. Humayoun. Urdu Morphology, Orthography and Lexicon Extraction. Master’s Thesis, Department of Computing Science, Chalmers
University of Technology, 2006. pdf (slightly old with respect to version 1.2).
Standard Disclaimer, last modified: 11-29-2010